Monday, July 2, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate !

Hello everyone !!! It feels like it's been a while since I've actually blogged. I've missed it !!!!

▽・ェ・▽ノ""

This last week has been quite busy for me with exams finally over and spending lots of time with friends but it's only going to become much more busy from this point onwards. I just returned from a road trip with friends that I may blog about later and in a few days I'm setting off around the world again this year!

Before that however, I wanted to share my experiences last week from traveling around Melbourne looking at all the different cake and chocolate stores that exist and seeing what they have to offer. For people who live here or people visiting, you might be familiar with places like Lindt Cafe, Ganache Cafe, Haigh's Chocolate, etc. however I became acquainted with two other stores that were particularly good that I had never been to before.

<( ̄ω ̄)/

The first of these was a place in the Block Arcade off Bourke street called Chokolait. It was a small little place but it had amazing chocolates on offer and tasty looking choices of drinks.

 

I ended up buying my own chocolates from there but my friend had a particularly nice Iced Chocolate (I think) that was actually quite similar to a milkshake but that wasn't really a problem for us.

ヽ(=´▽`=)ノ

The next place I went to was along Chapel Street and is called Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio (B&P).


My friends and I went crazy buying lots and spending our money but I ended up taking a risk and choosing the strangest thing on the menu.



That's right ! If you look up at the picture above you'll see the tag on the cake says "milk chocolate, pumpkin, bacon, maple". I couldn't fathom how it would all taste together but in a unique way it worked well and I really loved it. I also had a meringue that was such a beautiful texture and was just a cloud of tastiness.


And just like that I spent over $100 on chocolate and cakes last week. I did buy more but that stuff has to stay a secret for now. Hahaha!

グッ!! ( ̄ε ̄〃)b

I hope everyone enjoys the sweeter things in life and indulges in some chocolate goodness at some point soon... and if you don't like chocolates, find another food you like and go search for the best maker of it so you can enjoy it all the more.

Currently listening to this.
- Chris